Monday 5 May 2014

The CWA Margery Allingham short story prize.

I have been having a truly wonderful time at Malice Domestic, and will have some stories to tell about it shortly. In the meantime, I can't resist the temptation to mention that I was delighted to hear that a new story of mine is on the short list of ten for the inaugural CWA Margery Allingham prize. Gratifying in itself, but I have to say that I am especially thrilled that a story by one Helena Edwards is also on the list...

Helena has not published any fiction as yet, but I have long hoped that one day she would, because she is a really talented writer, and this success is definitely well deserved.

7 comments:

julia jones said...

Congratulations Martin, and Helena as well.

Fiona said...

Congratulations to you both - how exciting, especially for Helena!

Christine said...

Wow! Congratulations to you both!

lyn said...

Congratulations & good luck to you both!

Anonymous said...

Martin, this is wonderful news – not only you but Helena too, shortlisted for this major new prize. Congratulations to you both. I shall be keeping my fingers crossed for an Edwards one-two!

I remember Helena’s enthusiasm for short stories when chatting with her at your Lymm Festival event at the Golden Fleece in 2011 (your talk was on the Detection Club). I hope she’ll write more. How thrilling if someday you’re able to include Helena in one of your anthologies!

Best,

Paul

J said...

You won! Congratulations!

Martin Edwards said...

Belated thanks for these comments. I'm now catching up after various trips away!